Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top Ten Books Read in 2011 - Part 2

Here is Part 2 :)




6. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Let me preface this by saying in my book Richelle Mead can do no wrong. This is the first of a spinoff series from Vampire Academy (which is another of my fav series of all time). This book got mixed reviews from Vampire Academy fans but I personally loved it. It was the perfect spinoff - new, fresh character pov's and a nice mystery that wraps up well with no cliffhanger. I am really looking forward to the next installment!








7. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
These are companion books and if you read If I Stay, you MUST read Where She Went so I'm including them together. These books....these books....sigh. I really don't even know how to describe them, nothing I could say would do them justice. They are absolutely heartbreaking and gut wrenching but SO beautiful. I still think of these books often. Several passages clearly stand out in my mind and always will. Be prepared to be emotional!









8. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
I just reviewed this one last week so 'nuff said. Read it, but read Clockwork Angel first :)















9. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
I have read several angel books this year and none impressed me except for this one. Don't let that stupid cover fool you, this one gets the angel theme right! The characters are fresh and authentic, and the romance is seriously sweet. The book is not preachy either, big plus.










10. Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith-ReadyThis is another set. Shade comes first, then Shift. This is to be a trilogy but the final book won't be released for some time. Ghosts + Irish Boys + Irish Band + Forbidden Love = HELL YEAH! One of the best love triangles ever, it actually split my best friend Maggie and I for the first time in our reading history. That's sayin' somethin!




Alright, so there ya go. I had a lot of fun with this post because it allowed me to do one of my favorite things, push all my books on people! Here's hoping I accomplish my goal and if I do, tell me about it. Maggie and I need more people to discuss books with ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks like we have similar taste -- most of these would make my favorites too. Happy reading in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading/commenting! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have those gayle forman books, or did you do the audio books or something of the like? i want to read those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have them on my ereader....you could borrow that for a bit if you want. But only if you dont take a year lol.

    ReplyDelete